Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Superb 1951-52 Gibson SJ-200 available!!!!






This is an absolutely stunning guitar! Not just as a 'looker' or piece of American Music History but as a player. This is the lightest jumbo Gibson I have ever picked up and the fact that it is built as a fine musical instrument and not as a door stop like some of the latter J-200's, all adds to its amazing tone and volume.
The tone, clarity and phenomenal mojo of this guitar conjure up all kinds of questions about the body of musical work that it has participated in. From the moment I had it in my hands, I realized this was as good as it gets.
It had a couple of cracks in the back and one in the upper waist that have been cleated and the bridge has been reglued. Like most instruments of this age, it has also had some kerfing and a couple of brace ends reglued over time. There are a couple of minor breaks in the body binding (common) but nothing structural.
I am advertising this for a friend because I see an instrument of this caliber so rarely and am happy to be part of finding it a good home. It also come with its original case which needs a little TLC.
For more information (serious interest only please)just e-mail me at: tonyds@pathcom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment